1. Resignation: See the papers in this bag? All need grading. This is what I am doing tonight.
Yup, I have fallen behind in grading. . . again. If you have read my blog for any length of time, you know that this is my Achilles heel. It is the one responsibility of teaching that I just dread doing. However, tonight IT'S ON! Which translates to I've put it off as long as I dare and have to get most of it done tonight.
2. Peeved: Every Day Math Tests! Yes, they irritate me. The tests tend to have "creative" questions. Things that ask the kids to create a problem that involves x, y, and z but equals less than this but more than that. Great for higher level thinking, but a nightmare to grade. I literally have to solve 25 different multi-step problems to grade these tests. Each friend creates their own. What's worse it that many of the tests have more than one of these types of problems. They take forever to grade! And, yes, there is a nice stack of them in that bag. :-(
3. LOVING! My new Thirty-One school bag. That one stuffed with papers up there? I love it! I just got it last week. It is the perfect size for school papers. The fabric is a laminated nylon, so it cleans easily. It has four room pockets on one side, two on the other, and mesh pockets on either end. The handles are also long enough to sling it over your shoulder comfortably. This one is the "organizing utility tote." On their site, it is $25. I love mine! I have no connection to Thirty-One, but I will tell you to go buy one of these for yourself. You will love it! I'm thinking of getting another in a more summer-y pattern.
4. Munching: Since I have all that paper grading to do, I've decided on the dinner of champions. Peanut butter toast!
5. Sad: One of my little friends was badly hurt in an accident this week. Tomorrow we are going to make get well cards in class to send to the hospital. Isn't it funny how attached you can get to your students? I really want to cheer my little friend up. I was thinking of maybe taking some silly pictures of the class with get well signs to also include with the kids' cards. Anyone have any other ideas on how to cheer up my injured friend?
6. Itching: Just itching to check out all the blogs that linked up over at the upper elementary linky party! I haven't had a chance to visit most of them yet. It is supposed to be a rainy weekend, so it will be perfect for curling up with my computer and blog colleagues! I see that some of you have stopped by here. Thanks so much for visiting!
7. Wow, Really?! Just found out that we have an assembly next week. It is a motivational assembly. For some reason, this just makes me laugh. I'm thinking when I was in 5th grade, nobody worried about motivating me to do my work. It was just expected. Now, we have motivational assemblies for ten and eleven year olds! I have nothing against it. Hey, anything that works! I just think, my how times have changed! :-)
8. Reality: It was fun taking a break to blog with you, but I have to stop and get back to grading now. See you over the weekend!