Saturday, April 19, 2014

Weekend Words: Procrastination is My Enemy




So, Spring Break.  This past week has been mine.  I left school on Friday with incomplete lesson plans and lots of papers to grade.  No Problem!  I have a whole week to get this done!  Easter next Sunday and no school until Monday?  Plenty of time to do it all!  I can do a little work every day, or maybe do it all this weekend so I can just enjoy the coming week off!  So much time to get it all done! I happily stuffed my teacher bag to overflowing with work and headed out the door full of optimism and plans!

Today.  I have today to get it all done.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy! I'm in the same boat! It's funny how enthusiastic one can be at the beginning and how quickly it fizzles away...especially when there are so many other things I'd rather be doing :)

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jen! I was so full of hope at the beginning of the week! :-) You are right, there were so many other things I did instead. To be honest, I don't really regret it. Family time has to trump work sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I so understand. By the time I can get some "me time," I just can't bear the thought of getting school work done. I am having a hard time balancing life and school. I never seem to be caught up anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I find that balance getting harder and harder as it seems we keep getting more and more piled on us. I know with our new evaluation system there came a ton of extra paperwork. It even changed our lesson plans. What would take me a reasonable amount of time to do in the past now takes me forever! Paperwork is taking way more time than my actual teaching at this point. It is just crazy!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I found you through Megan's blog. Cute design! I look forward to reading more about experiences of another fifth grade teacher!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! Thanks for stopping by! Isn't Megan's site a great place to find new blogs?! I just visited your blog and your Tpt store. Amazing!!

      Delete
  4. I definitely agree. I end the break or weekend with the advice of my colleague: "Your papers enjoy getting out and having a ride in the car!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have taken my papers on many a car rides!! :-)

      Delete