Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm Back! And, Boy Do I Have Plans!

Okay, it's not back to school time for me yet, but it is back to blog time!  I haven't kept up with this blog at all, but that's about to change.  If anything, I think this will be a great place for me to have a record of teaching ideas, thoughts, and resources.  I'm happy to share them, but for now this is more for me.  If anyone does stop by, I hope that you will find something to help out or spark an idea that will be helpful to you.

This year, I have plans to rearrange my classroom.  I did a post showing my classroom set-up from September 2010.  I am in the same classroom, but there are going to be some changes to my teaching that will are prompting me to change the flow and organization of my room.  I'm also considering doing away with my teacher's desk, but so far I just can't bring myself to do it!  We'll see what happens when I go in at the end of August to set-up my room.  That's when I will be able to post actual pictures of my room and how I organize. 

I have also been doing a lot of professional reading so far this summer on Reader's Workshop.  I have done components of it in the past, but I am planning to jump in 100% this year.  I am going to do some posts on the books I have been reading.  There is a lot of great information out there!

So, that's where it stands.  I am hoping to post twice a week over the summer.  That's my goal.  Maybe more, but no less.  Once school starts, I am sure I will post more as I will have more to say! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment