Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm a Lollipop Rebel

Here it is.  It's the last Pinterest inspired project I tried this summer.  On Pinterest, there was this really cute lollippo tree.  In fact, this is the picture that inspired me:
It is from the blog Meet the Dubiens.  If you follow the link to the blog, it will show you the project and just how to do it.   I followed Jill's directions, and here's what I came up with:
Not too bad, right?!!!

Just a couple of things.  First, this take A LOT of lollipops!  Way more lollipops than I thought it would. 
The second thing, is that it is very easy to make and takes no time at all.  I did it while watching TV.  Here are a couple of progress pics:


It was a fun project, but now that I did it, I'm not so sure why I did it!  It's cute, but really once you start to take out the lollipops the cuteness factor goes way down.  In NJ, we also have laws (yes, crazy sugar snack laws) that don't allow us to have foods in school that have high sugar and/or fats. 
 Ummmm, lollipops?  Ummm, sugar?  Ahhh, YES! 
Now, I have been known to bend this rule on occasion, but I'm not sure having a big ol' lollipop tree sitting in my classroom will be the brightest thing I've ever done.  However, that's me.  I'm a rebel!  If you were here right now, you would see rebel written all over me from the cup of tea and pile of picture books sitting next to me right down to my striped fuzzy socks.  Oh well, it's cute and I'm bringing it to class.  And, I'm even going to let my little friends have a lollipop from time to time! 
So, there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You crack me up! I will be following you...well, not you...your blog.

    ReplyDelete