Saturday, October 8, 2011

Am I Crazy? Maybe!

Do you know where I am headed this morning?  I'm going to school.  To work.  By myself.  Uninterrupted.
On Saturdays, there is a children's program run in our building.  Local families can sign-up their kids for a variety of craft, hobby, and sports lessons.  This means, my building is open every Saturday.  I'm one of the lucky teachers who doesn't happen to have a class being held in my room.  I can sneak into my classroom, lock the door behind me, and get a ton of work done. Plus, I only live five minutes from my school making  it a quick trip in.  So, that's my plan for this morning.  Am I crazy? Maybe!

I've done it a few times before. I'm not alone as there are a handful of other teachers like me that have sneaked (snuck?) in.   But, I know most teachers I work with think I'm nuts to give up my Saturday morning to go into work.  I look at it this way, giving up my Saturday morning allows me to get everything done I need to.  I don't spend the whole day there.  Today, I have a lot to do, so I will probably be there from 9:30 to 12:30ish.  This allows me to have the rest of my weekend free and clear.  I'm not making plans or grading papers Sunday night.  Oh well, nuts or not, that's what I will be doing this morning. 

On another note, I just want to thank all of you that have been stopping by to check out my blog.  I owe a big note of thanks to you all and especially to
who was nice enough to direct her readers my way.  In a short time she helped send my followers from 4 to 112!  It's been great for me because most of you have blogs too, and I've been getting some great ideas from you.   I have to reorganize my method of following all you amazing teacher bloggers.  Right now, I technically only follow one blog, but I have well over 150 saved in my "favorites" bar that I read all the time.  I need to clean that out and just start officially following you all.

To celebrate the increase in readers, and to say a big thanks, I am planning to do a little give-away. I'm in the process of putting together a little package of things that I think would be fun to win.  So, stay tuned!  I'll be posting about it in the next couple of days. 

Have a great weekend!  Crazy me is off to school now!

10 comments:

  1. I must be crazy too, because that is where I am headed today! :)
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get your wanting to go in for a few hours on Saturday morning! You are exactly right...it does free up the rest of your week! Plus I don't know about you but isn't it nice not to have a big line of people waiting for the copy machine? Happy Saturday!
    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad for you!!! I've been busy this week taking pictures of my charts, printing them out and creating my Anchor Chart Notebook!!! I'm so glad that so many teachers responded!! Enjoy your weekend.
    Thanks, Nancy
    The Apple Basket Teacher

    ReplyDelete


  4. Thankyou for this wonderful article. I regularly read your article, all are very amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is really nice and sound really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a lot of fun at this Olympics, but something was missing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice blog and articles. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I am found which I actually want. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. is still among the leading topics of our time.

    ReplyDelete