Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 10 - Tis the Season!

(I just realized that I keep changing up the name of my own photo challenge in all these posts!)

Day 10 - Tis the Season!

Today's post is going to be short for a couple of reasons I will explain at the end.

Tis the season for. . .
Decorating and Germs!
 
My room has a minor snowman theme this year.  The snow sculpture above I found in Goodwill for a dollar.  You can't tell in the picture, but it is huge!  And, I'm all about snow days which this always reminds me of.  The snowman in my door window is one of those jelly-sticky window clings.  I can't even touch it because the texture of it grosses me out so.  I had to have one of the kids put it up in the window!
 
Then there are germs.  It is cold and flu season, but our school has seen a lot of stomach bugs this year.  That is the very large bottle of hand sanitizer that is next to my bathroom sign-out sheet.  It has been there since September.  Notice the level of the sanitizer?  It's like new!!!  Those germy critters just won't use it! Ugh! I know they know it is there because they are fascinated by the Lego blocks in it.  Granted, I travel to a lot of different classrooms so it wouldn't get as much use as if I had a homeroom in there.  But, still!!  I have to be more diligent in telling them to use it.  My luck, I will catch some crazy bug the Friday before winter recess! :-)
 
So, why a short post tonight?  Two reasons:
 
1.  I have plans and need to get moving!  No time to write a long post tonight, especially since the time I did have was cut short by a comment in another post.  Which leads me to number two.
 
2.  A teacher-reader posted a comment tonight on a previous post I did about teacher observations.  The teacher was observed under a new evaluation model, and it didn't go as well as it could have.  The teacher explains the situation a bit and asks for some advice.  I spent some time offering my thoughts, but thought I would open it up to you.  Please stop by and read the comment.  It is down toward the end (around comment #44) and you will see my advice below it.  Perhaps you can help a fellow teacher and offer some ideas.  CLICK HERE or on the link above to go to the post.  Thanks!
 
Gotta go fa la la la la now! Bye!

13 comments:

  1. I will be sure to bookmark this blog. It is really very nice and unique post

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really good post indeed, Very thankful to you Keep on writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting to read this blog. I enjoy your work! Its wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very nice to read something good informative information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed over read this blog post. Excellent writing you made, Good piece

    ReplyDelete

  6. I wan’t going to comment as this posts a bit old now, but just wanted to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is the best way to share the great article with everyone one,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was impressed by your writing. Your writing is impressive. I want to write like you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! this is often nice article you shared with great information.

    ReplyDelete